Choosing the right wood baseball bat
can be overwhelming, and Rawlings Gear is here to help you make an informed purchase.
Rawlings manufactures more than 30 different wood bat models.
Ash and maple are the most common woods used in bats, but hickory and bamboo are also used. Hickory, however, is much heavier than other woods.
Rawlings' lines of wood bats include:
Pro Preferred Wood Bats
Only the best 5% of ash and maple is perfect enough to be considered for bats marked “Pro Preferred.” These bats are proven effective in the Major Leagues year after year.
• They have a high-gloss, ultra-protective clear finish and a U-shaped cup.
• They are individually inspected, with the length, weight and balance point (-2 average) written in the cup.
• Model numbers are P460M (maple), P302M (maple), P288RJ (ash) and P302 (ash).
Professional Wood Bats
The top 15% of all wood is reserved for Rawlings Professional Wood Bats. These bats are used in the Minor Leagues.
• They have a high-gloss, ultra-protective clear finish and a cupped end with a flared knob.
• Model numbers are 271MAP (maple), 460MAP (maple), 271BAP (ash), 460AP (ash), 288RJAP (ash), 143BAP (ash), 350BKAP (ash), 155BAP (ash) and 433AP (ash).
• The 155BAP ash wood bat and is great for wood bat tournaments.
Performance Wood Bats
One of the best values in wood bats is the Rawlings Performance Wood Bat. This line of wood bats offers quality wood and professional profiles at affordable prices.
• These bats have a standard cupped end.
• Model numbers are 350FMAP (maple), 155FMAP (maple), 325LAP (ash), 302FAP (ash), 292FAP (ash), 232AP (ash), 232SIGAP (ash), 212BAP (ash), 212BSIGAP (ash) and 182AP (ash, softball).
• The 325LAP ash wood bat is perfect for transitioning from a metal bat to a wood bat. It has a guaranteed -3 length to weight ratio (drop ratio).
Youth Wood Bats
Rawlings has Little League-approved wood bats in ash and maple. These wood bats are made of the same quality wood at affordable prices.
• They have either a pro cupped end or a standard cupped end and are made with a thinner handle that is easier for youths to use.
• Model numbers include 225LAP (ash).
• The 225LAP ash wood bat is a hot bat for top-tier wood bat tournament players. It has a guaranteed -5 drop ratio and has the 2½” Big Barrel.
BLEM Wood Bats
BLEM wood bats are top-quality bats sold at great prices because they have minor cosmetic imperfections. These bats make great training aids.
In addition, when you order through Rawlings Gear, you can have your name and number engraved on select wood bats.
Visit RawlingsGear.com or contact a Rawlings Gear Customer Care representative at (866) 678-GEAR(4327) to purchase your wood bat.