Shoulder pads can’t adequately protect the football player wearing them unless they are properly fitted.
Use the following guide to get fitted for Rawlings shoulder pads
1. Fully extend your arms above your head. If you notice any abnormal movements or feel any pain when you do this, consult a physician before continuing because it may be a sign of a potential or existing shoulder problem.
2. Stand erect with your arms at your sides. Have someone measure across your back from where the shoulderbone begins on one side to where it ends on the opposite side. Record the measurement, rounding up to the next half inch. Check this measurement once a year or if you have a noticeable increase in weight or body size.
3. Select the pad correctly sized to your shoulder measurement.
4. Place the properly sized shoulder pad on your shoulders and verify that the edge of the strip pad lines up with the measuring point on your shoulder. Then adjust the elastic body straps to modest tension so the shoulder pad stays in place when you move.
5. Check that the neck opening isn’t so tight that it causes pinching or so loose that it exposes your clavicle.
6. Check that your sternum and pectoral muscles are adequately covered.
7. Check that your shoulder blade is covered by the shoulder pad and that it is not exposed in back. If you have any doubts or questions about proper fit, consult your Rawlings Gear Customer Care representative before using the pad.
or contact a Rawlings Gear Customer Care representative at (866) 678-GEAR(4327) to purchase your Rawlings shoulder pads