Rawlings has a whole new hold on catcher’s mitts.
Its new style, the CM33, changes the angle of the catcher’s thumb and forefinger to create a deeper pocket than other mitts and to relieve impact on the catching hand.
Traditional mitts have a thumb to forefinger angle of 62 degrees, but the new CM33 profile creates an angle of 75 degrees.
Rawlings Gear carries the following catcher’s mitts with the CM33 profile:
• Pro Preferred 125th Anniversary (model number PROSCM33-125
• Heart of the Hide Dual Core (model number PROCM33DCC
• Heart of the Hide (model number PROCM33SCX
• Gold Glove Legend (model number GGLCM33
• Gold Glove 125th Anniversary (model number GGLECM33-125
Rawlings Gear customer TimC was pleased with his CM33 profile.
“I chose this glove because of its fit on my hand, the feel of the leather, price, and I liked the idea of the dual core system,” he wrote about his Heart of the Hide Dual Core mitt, adding that it is a “very fine catcher’s mitt.”
or contact a Rawlings Gear Customer Care representative at 866-678-GEAR(4327) to order your next Rawlings catcher’s mitt