Rawlings Uniform Cleaning and Drying Instructions
Below are the cleaning and drying instructions Rawlings has provided for uniforms. These instructions do NOT apply to Zoombang apparel.
- Uniforms should be washed immediately after use
- Wash in cold water
- Rawlings recommends a detergent similar to Tide for Coldwater
- Prior to washing, garments should be turned inside out to preserve any lettering
- Do not wash uniforms with other items
- DO NOT USE BLEACH
- Do not overload the washer and remove uniforms immediately after washing. Hang dry all garments if possible
- Do not dry using high heat. High heat can cause damage to any lettering or print on the uniform
- Do not overload the dryer in order to prevent uniforms from sticking together
- Do not dry clean or iron
Heavily soiled garments (grass stains, dirt, clay, mud) should be pre-treated. Recommendations for the pretreatment are as follows:
- Spray on products such as Spray'n Wash or Shout and leave on about 15 minutes to absorb before washing
- Products such as Stick Stain or Shout Gel can be rubbed on stubborn stains and left overnight for washing the next day
- For blood stains, rinse in cold water as possible, and if necessary, soak in cold water before washing. One of the above pre-treatments can also be used. An oxygen based laundry booster such as Oxy Clean can also be used.
- For ink stains, use hair spray. Simply spray on and rub until the ink is gone. Then wash as normal.